Friday, March 16, 2012

New Venue

We met for the first time at St Marks church on Withells Rd in Avonhead today.   It's quite a large venue, rather nice too.  We had another committee meeting about The Tannery which was interesting.   More details to come when things are more definite, we're still working on which size room we'll go for and that depends on the lease offer.
As I was in that meeting I didn't get to see a lot of what people were doing, but I have taken a couple of photos.
A beautiful shawl by Paula , the photo does not do it justice.  It's from Suri Alpaca which was hand-dyed and handspun before being knit into this glorious item.   It feels divine!
A pair of socks using Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato heel which is a short-row heel and a fairly new technique. Mary Catherine knit these.

A zipped vest that I knit for my son as a test knit for a designer; not handspun but definitely handknit.

The next raffle prize; there is carbonised bamboo, silk (I think) and some yummy fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment