Sunday, July 8, 2012

Riches

First up sorry for the radio silence, but I've not been for about a month due to family commitments and of course the Alpaca course.  I did get to go this weekend though and took some photo's for your enjoyment.

First up the riches mentioned in the heading.   Anna Harris has been coming to spinning while I was away, and she's been bringing her stock with her so we have access to yummy Merino and Merino/Silk!
Merino silk in the foreground, Merino in the background.

4-ply (fingering) weight yarn for shawls, scarves, socks etc
I succumbed to some of the Merino and Merino/Silk, as did quite a few other guild members.   Well worth it though, Anna is a brilliant dyer with a great colour sense.

I also took photo's of the display table, I can't remember who owns what, but there's some beautiful work here.
The blue pile is mine; Romney 3-ply in a bulky weight.  The pink fingerless mitts were made in silk and suit the maker perfectly.  The woven shawl on the left was beautiful, so nice I didn't dare touch it!   The brown bits were all from the Alpaca course last weekend, both mine and Jan's.  I think the big cream one near the back was silk as well, but don't quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment