Friday, January 3, 2014

1st Saturday back in the new year.

There was a lot on the display table; so much that I'm just posting photo's and some won't have notes on who made them as in some cases I simply can't remember!
Everyone's been really busy over the break though, which was lovely to see and I think we were all glad to be back and having a chance to chat and spin and knit again.

Heather dyed all this on the December dye day




Sandra spun this, it's Anna's merino/silk and will apparently be a scarf

Sandra also knit this scarf from one of Anna's scarf kits

Rachelle's dye day results

Rachelle's spinning from left to right:  3-ply merino/yak blend; this will be overdyed.   3-ply unknown man-made fibre spun worsted.   2-ply unknown man-made carded with corriedale and then spun woollen.

I think this was Kerry's

Pauline brought this scarf, her daughter bought it from the weaver in Cambodia; it's 40 EPI I believe and cotton.

Close up

And then there's the blue one too...
 
Lovely close up too.

Dianne dyed this at the dye day

and spun this from some of Anna's dyed fibre

and at the last minute dyed this as well; this will be an interesting one to see spun up and I suspect would look great as a wee person's cardigan.

I think this might have been Jenny's



Mary Catherine made this from some mink yarn, it feels absolutely divine.

Close up, you can see the contrast yarn she used in the yoke.



Sonya's puffer fish for Eric

and Eric's next jersey for the winter
I'm busy spinning now, want to get the first ply of my next yarn done today, and of course there's knitting happening too and the odd bit of weaving.   What's everyone else doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment