Sunday, October 26, 2014

Saturday 25 October 2014

I hope everyone who wanted to got out into the garden over the last couple of days, it's always nice to get some fresh air when the weather is nice.

Saturday was a good day at the guild, I wore my eighteenth century gown and it was quite comfortable to spin in surprisingly!   The underpinnings made manouvering between wheels a little difficult at times, but nothing too bad.
The wheel isn't period appropriate of course, but I wasn't about to go out and get a wheel old enough to do that.
I didn't have any other finished objects to show off, but several other members did.

Pauline has been spinning mini skeins, so cute and so pretty!

Meg has been working on some of Anna's fibre, both of these are her lovely work
The next several photo's are all of what's been keeping Tedge busy for the last 3 years.    All created by wood turning.
The underneath of her spindle stand

The spindle stand in action

Detail of the carving and painting on the back of the stand

Beautiful decorative work on the largest spindle

And then the medium ones which have resin in the tops

Another large one with beautiful nature inspired decoration

And finally a glimpse of the 2 smaller sizes.
 Next up we have Sue's finished Pi shawl, I suspect she's the only one finished so far, I'm nowhere near that point
Detail of the edging

The centre

And the full shawl which is stunning.  It was knit using commercial yarn.

Pam's latest, which is a large wrap

Pam's wrap modeled by Kerry.   It's a very versatile piece.
For those waiting on photo's from the exhibition I've uploaded some to my personal Flickr account, so click on "photos from the exhibition" to pop on over to take a look.  There's only 13 shots uploaded from the 150 that I took but it gives you an idea of what lovely work there was from people all over the Canterbury area.

No comments:

Post a Comment