Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday 16th May 2015

Unfortunately I had to leave before the forum planned for the day which was on spinning non-wool fibres due to family commitments.   I'm sure it was wonderful though, I can't recall any forum we've had previously that wasn't.

I did get photos of the wonderful items finished this week though, so for your enjoyment here they are:

Natalie made this gorgeous tunic, I love it and sleeveless is so practical for layering

Jan has been busy knitting this beautifully soft cowl in a merino/possum yarn

More merino/possum, in this case it was woven by Rose and has a l=silk component as well.

Heather has been making catnip mice for the red zone cats; those are very lucky cats and I was sorely tempted to take one for my girls


Natalie has also been dying yarn using kowhai with an alum mordant.


Jenny spun this lovely green merino/silk skein

Rachelle spun this merino into a true 3-ply yarn, there is more to come of this.

Rachelle has also been spinning bulky singles from Haunui fibre.

Paula and Joanne were at a knit camp last weekend making these pencil cases.   The fuschia one is Paula's and the one in natural shades is Joanne's.  Both are lined in fabric, so very practical.

Some of the results from Wednesday's dye day
This is how I first saw this particular piece, wasn't sure what to make of it.

but when unrolled it's a brilliant way of displaying orphaned earrings.
Have a great week everyone, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment