Monday, August 3, 2015

Saturday 01 August 2015

Wow, August already!   This year is flying by, but at least August has 5 Saturdays.   I won't be getting to two of them though, I'll be at Glentui for one and the other I have family commitments.
This Saturday we had a presentation by Mary-Ann Mace on how she gets her inspiration for shawl design and a little of the process that creates those designs after coming up with the idea.  It was very interesting and one day I hope to be able to do some more designing myself, I suspect a few people may be feeling inspired now.

The display table had some lovely things on it as it normally does, unfortunately I had no paper on me so there's no names attached to the items.  Just enjoy.


I know this was a purchased yarn, love the colours though.






I know this was Pam's shawl, all in natural shade of alpaca and is a present for a friend.

and these two are Joanne's, her final Tour de Fleece spins.

Some of Mary-Anne's shawls, the sweet tin is actually full of swatches

Her latest shawl which is being test knit and is called "Lace Eater"

One of the swatches made while working out the shawl mechanics

not a good angle, but you can see she puts the various swatches together to get an idea of how it will work together.
 Next up is some of the items made for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party on Monday just gone, all knit or crocheted.


or in one case, made from felt
Keep well everyone, and enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment