Saturday, October 3, 2015

Saturday 03 October 2015

It's hard to believe it's October already, the end of 2015 is galloping towards us and we can't pull on the reigns to slow it down.

I actually got to guild for the first time in 7 weeks, so we have some fibre related photos to show off, and I might sneak in the outfit I was wearing.  It's not handspun or woven, but it is something everyone enjoyed seeing.

Sue spun this beautifully coloured yarn

and this lovely squishy alpaca

Kerry has been weaving using a variation on the Ikat technique

Ria has been spinning, I believe this was plied with a commercial yarn; lovely and a bit more green in person.

Joanne has been knitting with her handspun, this is from batts that Kate Mahoney made a while back and is a lovely cowl; very practical when Christchurch is having its windy days.

and finally here's my 1810's ensemble which includes all the proper foundation garments.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment